Smartworld successfully implemented 24/7 IT Managed Services in ADNet
The Abu Dhabi Government Network (ADNet) is the common infrastructure that provides secure and reliable connections between the country’s various government offices, authorities and agencies. ADNet is also the critical link between the various Government services and end-users, ranging from individuals, businesses, government entities and government employees.
As a whole, ADNet aims to achieve three main objectives–Link government entities; Provide network infrastructure security and Enable multiple access channels for customers. In line with this, ADNet has gone through various design phases since June 2007. Major phases of design include baselining existing networks in Abu Dhabi and benchmarking with leading government networks worldwide. The network’s final design is based on best practices from benchmarked networks. A highly robust, scale-able and secure MPLS-based network design was completed in December 2007. Full completion of the network was done in late 2009.
ADNet presented a set of challenges to help improve their operations. From a business side, the challenges were;
- Lack of focus on the core competencies and strategic objectives.
- Function difficult to manage or out of control.
- High Management and Operational cost.
- Very High Profile end Users with high SLA expectations.
- Remote offices and all around UAE and Globally.
- High Demand on the IT Services.
- Single Point of Contact for all IT Related Services with multi vendor approach.
- Following ‘Global Best Practices’ for IT Service Management.
Aside from the business angle, ADNet also defined a few technical requirements;
- Uncontrolled and Unmeasured and SLA.
- Different Vendors to support different Systems.
- Technical and Niche expertise and competencies.
- Access to world-Class capabilities.
- Mission Critical Operation and Sensitive Data.
- No ITSM Methodology and Standards.
ADNet represents an important function for UAE governance. The network is positioned as the foundation for the country’s various e-Gov initiatives. Understanding the significance of ADNet’s role and the challenge of helping improve their IT based operations, Etisalat, which is ADNet’s telecommunications provider, selected Smartworld, one of the leading master systems integrator and smart solutions provider in the Middle East, for the project. The company suggested the installation and use of a full Onsite 24/7 IT Managed Services Function. The proposed system would be compliant with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Version 3. In addition to this, the solution also offered an efficient Service Level Agreement (SLA), which covered a 99 per cent availability on local and remote operations with the costs being paid per month without any hidden costs. The solution to be installed was customized according to ADNet’s 29 IT resources that were all located in Abu Dhabi.
After its successful installation and eventual implementation, ADNet’s new Onsite 24/7 IT Managed Services Function has helped draw in positive results for the network’s operations. Some of the benefits gained included;
- Reduced and controlled operating costs (fixed).
- Improved and controlled SLA up to 99 per cent.
- Increased Customer Satisfaction rate to 90 per cent.
- Improved clients focus on their core competencies and main business objectives.
- Gained access to exceptional capabilities and skills.
- Free internal resources for other purposes and business enhancements.
- Maximized restructuring benefits.
- Make capital funds available for other non-IT related projects.
- Risk Sharing through Accountable Service Provider (ASP).